The Art Of Revenge

Saturday, January 28, 2012

Random

"talking about virginity is so annoying to me, and here’s why- firstly it’s used as a tool. A tool to reinforce the virgin vs. slut mentality that keeps a lot of girls scared to death because you’re either a cute little virgin or a good-for-one-thing slut, with seemingly no in-between. God forbid a girl has fun right? God forbid she has some nice fun sex and feels all good inside. It’s wrong if a girl does it, and wrong if a guy doesn’t. At least that’s what we’re told. It reinforces the idea that girls should be quiet, conservative, pure, lovely little darlings and guys should be tough conquerors. The virginity myth hurts both genders. And it is a myth. Who the fuck decided that a cock in my vagina is the end of my innocence and purity but a cock in my mouth isn’t? What if I touch it..lick it a little..it goes in but doesn’t pop my cherry..then we decide to stop..What am I then? Am I officially ‘deflowered’ now or am I still a pure little virgin? What if I get raped? And finally your comment just pisses me off. I can’t even tell you how many guys have said that to me so listen: I’m not some gift you get to be excited about opening before any other boys have. I’m not an object, a trophy, a body, a label or any of the fictional categories humanity just loves to stuff itself into to regulate behavior. And if it’s not your comment, it’s these: “oh that’s so good for you! You should really keep it,” or “oh god you shouldn’t do that.” First thing everyone does when you mention your virginity is tell you what to do with it. No. Shut up and stop condescending to me. I’m not an innocent child just because I haven’t and you’re not a big strong man because you have. And I know society has taught you to value virginity in a girl and that as a guy you’re supposed to be the authority on sex but seriously, pull your head out of your ass- sex is natural and awesome and I can decide exactly when and when not to keep my legs shut."


Wow. You know it's true, girls.

No comments:

Post a Comment